Home Page
Visitor Centre
History
Activities & Events
School Resources
Media Desk
Get Involved
Contact Us
History of the Community of Inglis
INGLIS by W. L. Berrington (As Published in 1967)

In the summer of 1919 the C.P.R., which came as far as Russell, started negotiations for a right of way north.  After several surveys, they started building. In the fall of 1921 the grade was finished to the farm of W.N. Berrington, section 36-22-28.  The rails were laid to a siding named Cracknell, six miles north of Russell where elevators had been built.  The next year the rails were laid to the end of the line the village of Inglis, in 1922. (more)

A National Historic Site
Self-Guided Walking Tour
The Elevators
- Paterson
- Reliance
- UGG
- National
The People
- The Community of Inglis
- Photo Gallery
Website Map